Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ugh!

I had a half-marathon in my sites for April.  Then I got sick.  I haven't been that sick in a long time.  I didn't even attempt to run for a week and a half.  When I did run, it was ridiculously hard.  It seems my body took longer to recover than I expected.  My longest run in the past 2 weeks (since back to healthy again) was the 10K I ran last weekend.  And, even though it was a very slow 10K - it was tough!  I have to admit, I'm a little psyched out right now.  Can I get my mileage up in time?  Is it even worth trying right now?  You know the drill - once you get in your head it can get hard to get out.

So, here I sit contemplating today's run.  It's pouring down rain with periodic gusts of wind that sound a little intimidating.  I know that today's run is NOT optional.  But, I'm procrastinating. . . . . . . 

Note:  I did it!  I got out there and fought that crazy wind for 5 miles. And, of course, it felt good - especially when I was done!  :) 

2 comments:

Wes said...

sounds like a good day for the treadmill to me! You haz treadmill? Right?

Darrell said...

Treadmill, bah! Glad you got outside.

That cold has sure been a bugger for a lot of folks this year.