Saturday, February 13, 2010

Time to Blog Again

In the interest of starting my own business and all that goes along with it, I temporarily abandoned my personal blogging.  And, you know what?  I've started to miss it.  I can't guarantee that I'll have much time to post - but we'll see how it goes - 'cuz I'd like to get back at it.  I also miss many of my former blogging friends.  When I accidently deleted my old blog many months ago, I lost many of you.  And those I've found, I have to admit, I've been terrible about keeping up with your blogging.  But, here I am again.  Let's see where this takes me this time around.

Today my goal was to run 7 miles.  I've set my sites on some upcoming races and it's time to re-focus and start training again.  My legs felt kind of achey and dead when I started my run this morning, but fortunately, I was running with a group so the conversation helped distract me.  Around the 2-3 mile mark, Sam and I split off from the rest of the group to get in a longer run.  The hill we had to climb really winded me today, but a brief walk while I took off my jacket, and I was good to go again.  I felt decent overall, the rain held off, and we wrapped up our run with a total of 7.75 miles.  Not bad!  

I've got one more run on tap for the week - about 5 miles tomorrow.

The next race I have coming up is a 10K in early March.  And a half-marathon in April.  I'll do my best to keep you posted!

Run well, my friends!  :)    

4 comments:

Wes said...

Hi Annette! Running your own business can be pretty demanding. This I know. Welcome back!

Darrell said...

Glad to hear that you are alive and well.

All the best on the business front and keep running well.

Joe said...

Annette, thanks for visiting my blog. Yeah, I try to have some fun with it. I see you've connected here with my pals Wes and Darrell.

Good luck figuring out the new business. I find my running helps me sort out a ton of business conundrums!

Jess said...

Hey Anette,

Here's the answer to your questions about Booty Shorts: http://chicrunner.com/its-been-asked-constantly-booty-short-time/

Danica did an awesome review of a bunch of different brands. I had a pair of Under Armour ones I wore so much that I wore them out.